• edited March 16
    Thanks as always for your support!
    Sorry for all the posts lol

Ability, Target Change, Blockable, Use sound type

On Target Change in an ability, with blockable checked, the target change still plays the audio in "Use Sound Type" when the Target Change has been Blocked.

Just wondering if this is intended behavior since User Settings have their own "use sound type" for like the attack, it would seem like the "hit" sound shouldn't fire if blocked.

Perhaps the logic is that battle animation schem with calculate action "Block Next" is what should be used with blockable abilities anyways, so the use sound type is supposed to play on block for other uses?

Thanks!

Post edited by GeneralK on
  • edited March 17
    NPE when Combatant learns a passive ability at level 2+ without any status bonuses for those levels.

Repro steps:
    1. Create a passive ability with 3 levels.
    2. Add Lv3 ability to Combatant as an initial ability.
    3. Run the game.

Cause:
    This is caused by a missing null check in the constructor of AbilityShortcut. Specifically the line:

Setting.level[i].passive.randomBonus.GetBonus(statusBonus);

Here passive can be null.

Workaround:
    Enabling and disabling the custom status bonus section for each level is enough to generate default values for those.
    Post edited by Flying_Banana on
  • @GeneralK
    Yes, the audio options are used in any case - anything else can be handled by the schematics animating actions.

@Flying_Banana
    Not happening on my end - which ORK version are you using?
    Also, are you creating the passive ability using the editor? In that case, passive will be initialized correctly and adding levels will do so as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 20
    I was using 3.16, but downloaded 3.17 and it's still reproducible. It only reproduces if you add the levels before making the ability passive. It works fine the other way around.
  • @Flying_Banana
    Ah, yeah - when changing an active ability to a passive, you need to do the setup for each level. Will look into adding a fix for that (probably just removing all levels since the setup needs to be redone anyway).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 28
    Using class slots with "Use Status Development" but equipping with a Class without Status Development (i.e. Class > Development Settings > Class Level Settings > Use Class Level: False) results in an NPE:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ClassShortcut.GetStatusChanges (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.StatusPreviewInformation& info)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantClass.GetStatusChanges (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.ClassSlot[] slot, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.StatusPreviewInformation& info)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantClass.GetStatusChanges (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.StatusPreviewInformation& info)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantStatus.GetStatusChanges (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.StatusPreviewInformation& info)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantStatus.ResetStatus (System.Boolean checkDeath)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantStatus.Tick (System.Single time)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant.Tick (System.Single time, System.Single battleTime)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group.Tick (System.Single time, System.Single battleTime)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantHandler.Tick ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update ()

Workaround - all classes must check Use Class Level and assign a Status Development asset - None will also cause the NPE.
  • @Flying_Banana
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • I think this might be a bug:
    When using the "Data" section of the description to add the name of an ability/status effect/type it displays correctly, for example if making a skill description that lists its name and type.
    Fire
    (Elemental Magic)
    However if you try and include the Attribute Name of an Attack/Defence Modifier if just won't display the associated text.

If I wanted to a specific element within the "damage type" attack modifier it only displays
    Deals <attackmodifier.sub.name guid="7b67c01f-6de6-47e7-ace0-fa171e7a94cb" id="0"> Damage
    instead of
    Deals Fire Damage
    And it would do the same if I had a Defence Modifier called "Species" with an attribute called "beast" or whatever.
  • @WO2
    Can confirm this bug - will be fixed in the next update.
  • edited April 24
    A small BUG was found regarding the "HUD Value Bar" Compotent:

Based on the "UNITY UI: SHORTCUTS HUD" tutorial, the difference is that I checked "Fade Change" on the HUD Value Bar component.

If I have a skill that has a reuse time, e.g. 3 turns. At the end of the third round, before the image has been filled, the Vaule Bar object is inactive. As a result, the image has not been filled completely.

If "Fade Chage" is not checked, image filling is normal.
    Post edited by Xiaofan on
  • I'm getting some inconsistent results whenever I use a Status Value Percent custom bonus under a status effect's Change Settings. I often get a value that's one lower than I expected. I first noticed it when trying to apply a 5% increase to a value that was 20, and not seeing any increase. Then I applied it to a value that was 100 and got a value of 104.

I tested it in the 3D RPG Quickstart project to make sure it wasn't something else in my project messing it up. As you can see in the image, the 31% bonus to the fighter's default 100 Max HP is getting raised to only 130, when it should probably be 131.

It seems more common with lower values, so maybe some rounding error. Speaking of rounding, I changed the default rounding setting a couple times with my original 5% issue and wasn't seeing any difference. Oh, and this is all on ORK 3.17.1.
  • @rrldev
    Can confirm this issue - seems to be a floating point inprecission issue (e.g. the 31% bonus you defined is ultimately used as a value of 0.3099999 instead of 0.31).
    I'll look into it to find a solution.