edited February 2015 in ORK Support
I'm trying to get combat notifications to be rendered by a camera that's not the main camera. Is there any way to do this? For example I have two cameras rendering my battle scene. The main camera that has the background and enemies, and an orthographic camera that renders the player party. I'd like the combat notifications, like hp damage and such, to be rendered by the orthographic camera. However i can't get them to show up in anything but the main camera. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Those notifications have two parts:
    - a game object that defines their position in space
    - depending on the used GUI system, a legacy GUI displaying the actual content at the position of the game object, or a new UI game object on the canvas created by ORK

The legacy GUI can be rendered on a camera by addinng the GUILayer component to it (which usually is added automatically). There's currently no way to differentiate between different parts of the legacy GUI, so you need to remove the GUILayer component from one camera and only add it to the one you want to display those things at, but this will affect all other GUI elements as well.

The new UI is displayed on layers, and there's a layer setting in ORK's new UI settings. So if you want to render stuff only on one camera, remove that layer from the others :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!