edited February 2015 in ORK Support
Wanna buy this kit but need to gather some information first.

1) Is it possible to make an action combat system in ork? Or is that something I would have to set up outside of ork?
Would this make all combatants in the area attack me or can it be more like skyrim and I can just attack whoever I like?
2) Is Mecanim easy to hook into this? Can I simple have my mecanim controls attached to a prefab and simply have ork block the control when needed? Or is there an indepth setup needed for Mecanim controllers?
3)Is it possible to have multiple control scripts attached to a prefab and be able to switch on the fly and work ok? i.e. Prefab goes into vehicle > vehicle script enabled > character control script void.

I may have some more but I'm out and so have to make it brief.
Post edited by n00bster on
  • 1) Yes, action combat is possible - you're most likely looking for the Real Time Battle system.
    The demo has a hack'n'slay style battle going on in later parts (after the turn based and active time battles). The game tutorials explain how that was set up (starting around tutorial 31). That's just one possible style that you can create, using the various feature of the framework you can create menu driven, beat-em-up, skyrim or diablo style action battles (and more).

2) Yes, using Mecanim with ORK is pretty much as easy as using the legacy system. All ORK needs to do is sometimes play an animation, e.g. an attack or cast animation. That's set up using Animation Types that are bound to Animations (which can be legacy, mecanim or a custom animation system). As long as you set those up correctly (e.g. using mecanim's Play function or by setting parameters) it's working fine. You can find a tutorial example here.
    You can use your own mecanim controller without a problem. As said, you should only enable ORK to call some animations as needed. The event system (e.g. also used to animate the battle) will make use of that.

3) Yes, that's possible as well - the event system can be used to switch between controls (i.e. enable/disable/add/remove components and add/remove control components to ORK's system for blocking).

I'd suggest grabbing the free test version and going through the game tutorials to get a feel for it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!