TALTAL
edited March 2015 in ORK Support
I have a problem with creating a new animation system.

Yesterday I tried to create according to the instructions of the usual 2D animation system , but I do not understand how I should do it.

I mean at the moment of Field animations. Animotor battle animations created , but this rule is different. I have not tested.

The " Animations types" which is used to allow you to add animation. But I do not know how to link the entry of animation and how to set their reactions to the keys.

Where can I find more information ?
  • Did you already go through the game tutorials?
    They'd teach you how ORK Framework is handling animations :)

In short, ORK will play Animation Types - i.e. you'd have an animation type for each different animation you want to have (e.g. idle, run, attack, use item, special attack X, etc.).
    Actual animations are assigned to the animation types in Base/Control > Animations, where you can create a set of animations. These animation settings will be used by combatants to define the combatant's animations, and can be used by equipment and status effects to override those animations.

When ORK wants a combatant to play an animation, you'll use a Combatant Animation step in the event system, which tries to play a selected animation type. The system will look for the assigned animation of that type and play it based on the setup.

The setup of an animation in ORK is pretty straight forward - you'll just tell the system what animation will be played (e.g. name of the legacy animation, mecanim parameters to set or function of a custom animation script to call).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Any chance you can provide a quick example GiL?

One of my problems is that if I didn't personally write it, I get completely confused by prewritten stuff. I feel like I sort of understand it, reading through your tutorial of mecanim/animation but it always feel off. Maybe because I like to see stuff to get it, rather than reading. My way of learning. Now that I think about it, this might be why I sort of stop playing around with Unity...
  • You can find examples for legacy and mecanim animations in the tutorials. For using custom animation scripts, it's pretty much the same, only that you'll define the function that will be called instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay.
    He honed in animation, and again was trying to putting animation into Unity.

I made a whole in accordance with the tutorial:
    Home / tutorial / Gameplay / Mecanim Animations

Well, they run inside the game. Especially those animations that relate to a fight.

But I do not understand how to edit animations Walk and Run.

In tutoialu he writes:
    "As you can see, some animations do not use transitions at all, eg Walk or Run, as they are played Directly using the Play function."

1 | I would like the "player" walked through animation "Walk," but by default the animation is using a "Run". Then, it is not always looping, during which an expensive walking after the space of two steps, animation freezes and glides motionless on the ground. Animation should be looped but experimenting with the settings give no significant results.

2 | I wish that after pressing the "Shift" key figure ran. But ORC animation is using a "Run" by default. Also created an animation stopping the run, to smoothly pass to Idle. But adding it to Mecanim not working.

3 | My character starts going to move smoothly from idle position to run. This makes moving off will offset the earth. I must make transmition make faster. But is not transmision here.

I conclude that the need to create a chain. "Start of the" then "Run" then "Stopping". But I do not know what and how to activate these animations in Mecanim, because there is using a transmission.

Where should I look for these settings?