Has anyone updated their Mac to Yosemite yet and having smooth sailing with Unity and ORK?

I'm hesitant to do this until I know it's not going to cause me significant problems with Unity and ORK.

If you did update to Yosemite, how much memory do you have installed? I think it probably takes 8 gb at least to run smoothly from what I've been reading. Thx. : )

Running Mavericks with no problem at the moment.
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Haven't had any issues with Yosemite, Unity 5 or ORK 2.40 running together. Honestly seems like not much of an upgrade. They made the interface flat-looking, and that's about all you notice. :)

• I can also confirm that I have not had any problems updating.

Naturally make a back up of your project though :)
  • Thanks! That's very helpful.
  • Never had any problem with Unity/ORK/Macbook. :)
  • Thx. Downloading Yosemite now. Hour and a half to go! :) Upgraded my ram to 8 gb. May go to 16 gb after awhile.
  • It's all good. Went in like a charm and everything seems to be fine. Thanks for your responses. It gave me the courage of a lion. :)
  • edited March 2015
    I absolutely love Yosemite on Mac. I think upgrading my ram to 8gb from 4gb helped. Don't know if going to 16 gb would make it even better but everything runs fast and smooth. Will think about going to 16 gb later this year.

I don't mind the flat icons a lot of people complain about--they fit in with my Blender and Daz3d icons. : ) Generally, performance is better.

I'm not one to upgrade right away. I like to see how things go for others so thanks again to the comments here because it gave me a certain sense of security.
    Post edited by Catacomber on