edited March 2015 in ORK Support
The game I'm working on has several different types of magic points. In battle what I want is to be able to display a combatants different available MP along with the ability menu.

I'm trying to emulate how in D&D 3.5 a magic user can use level 1 spells x times and level 2 spells y times. Games like Elminage basically have separate MP pools for each spell level.
However when you have nine spell levels, having an MP bar for each would be unwieldy. It would be preferable to have the MP available listed with the spells of that level in the spell/ability menu.
Here's an example, the spell menu has various spell categories: mage, cleric, alchemy, and summon, and for each it displays how many casts the character can do for each spell level. When you highlight the spell level, it displays the spells the character knows in that level.
With the multiple spell categories, you can multiclass and access the multiple spell types on a single character.
Something like this would be ideal.

Basically I would like to be able to display a combatant info panel along with the ability menu. Is there any way to do this?
  • No, that's currently not possible. A HUD can't be limited to only display during a certain battle menu (e.g. abilities).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah ok, I'll go with an alternate MP system, Thanks.