edited April 2015 in General Discussion
I was wondering if its possible to use the ORK framework in a modular fashion, e.g. use items, menus and store/shop features, but not the events, spawning or battle aspects, etc.

If so what are the minimum requirements for use?

Wonderful framework, thank you for your time and effort, btw!

Thank you,
Boysenberry Payne
  • I don't think there are any minimum requirements for use except to import it into your project. You take it from there. If you want to use it only for an inventory or dialogues or quests, you can do that.

Many people have integrated playmaker and other such assets with ORK and used them together depending on their needs.
  • Yes, that's possible - although some things require others to work, e.g. abilities are useless without combatants and the status system :)

E.g. if you don't want to use battles, just don't add them to your scenes and they wont be used.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2015
    That's wonderful news, thank you. Don't get me wrong either, I have no complaints about anything I've looked at in the framework so far, really top notch product, very inspiring, thank you!

Just as an FYI also, I asked this just to avoid 'painting myself into a corner' so to speak. I am working on developing a game using random voxel terrain generation so a lot of the typical level building considerations are different for me being approached from a procedural standpoint. In particular spawning and nav-path generation aren't fixed the same way they are in static terrains; so I will need to use my own solutions for those issues and others probably.

Post edited by boysiepay on