edited April 2015 in General Discussion
hi please tell me. I can not find
in ork demo sword the main character appears
Only during the battle. and how to make that sword was always at it with him
  • edited April 2015
    In the ORK demo, look under Tutorial Resources, Prefabs, Combatants, Brown Pants.

Click on Brown Pants. Put his prefab into an empty scene or any scene to look at his drop down arrows and find his weapon----expand (open out) all the arrows down--you will see "weapon" and "right hand".

In the Unity inspector if you click on "right hand" you see the Equipment Viewer.

Under there, you see "Required Game State"

To always show him with his sword with him (equipped) whether in or out of battle, change all those "Required Game States" to "Ignore."

After you change that on the prefab you slid into the scene, you have to slide that prefab back into the Brown Pants prefab in Resources to save your changes. Delete Brown Pants from the scene you put him in to do this and save the game.

If this isn't clear come back. I can put up a pic to help you find where his weapon is and the equipment viewer on his prefab and the Required Game States part.

In other words, I can put up a pic that might help you.

If you have any questions at all, come back. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • thank you helped me a lot
  • edited April 2015
    I have done this and when not in combat or in combat, the weapon does not appear.

I paused my game and the Brown Pants hierarchy is correct, it is identical to the one in the tutorials.

EDIT: Got it working, I had to delete the old prefab (even though it was correctly setup) and set the edited prefab again in my Combatant screen. Bizarre!
    Post edited by artainx on
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited April 2015
    That's Gyffes' Law of the magic of forum posting. Post and ye shall find the answer all by yourself a lot of the time. : ) And if not, gamingislove will save you. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on