I just updated to this version of Unity. I can't update to 5.0 because am basically finished with my game but updating to 5.0 would break it.

Unity is still developing its 4.0 series. This latest version hopefully will be useful in cutting down the build size using il2cpp to build for iOS. So I updated Unity. I have to depend on their 4x series to get my game uploadable to Apple.

But...after updating, I was using the editor to change something and then tried to x it out and my Mac crashed. This is something that has never happened before.

I recovered and tried to reload my game in Unity and while I could get to the main menu screen everything after that was a black screen. I could hear the music playing and that's all.

I reloaded a saved project from before updating and am ok now but wondering if there is something in the Unity 4 latest update that doesn't work well with Ork or was it a random crash?

Those of us using Unity 4.x are all very close to publishing our game and they're trying to make things work but .......I never had my Mac crash before.

Is there anything in Unity's latest 4.x update that might not work well with Ork's last update for Unity's 4.x?
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I don't really thing ORK is capable of crashing your entire system. Blocking Unity can happen if there's an error/problem at the wrong place.

Black screen after main menu: Check if the Time Scale isn't 1 (Edit > Project Settings > Time, or if you get any error messages.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, Gil. I always blame Unity before Ork and usually if not always it's a Unity problem.

I don't have the file anymore that crashed but if it happens again I'll check the Time Scale. Thanks very much.
  • After much googling and after having it happen a second time, it appears this is a Mac Yosemite/Unity problem that others have had too. Very troubling but keeping frequent backups helps.