edited April 2015 in ORK Support
-In menu's when using a keyboard for input, I've noticed that if I rapidly mash one of the vertical keys (w or s in my case) the menu cursor wont move, but if I do a slight pause between inputs then it works fine. I've messed with the cursor timeout settings but it didn't make a difference (just makes it so when the cursor does move, it moves really fast.)
I know this sounds like a small issue but it make using the keyboard to navigate menus seem really laggy. Is this an issue in other peoples projects or is it fixed by some setting I can't find? Thanks!

edit: I'm also having trouble with something else and I didn't want to make a whole new topic. I'm using the command battle menu option, but the party selection options are blank. I know it selects my party, because the cursor appears above them but the list doesn't show their names. I tried every option I could find and I can't find anything to get the names to show up. Any help would be appreciated!
Post edited by RunawayDev on
  • Try a Cursor Timeout of 0.1 (Base/Control > Game Controls), works pretty well when rapidly pressing the button. Also, check your Time Scale in Edit > Project Settings Time in Unity (should be 1).

The Command option in battle menus will display the combatant list based on the Default Combatant Choice Layout (defined in Menus > Menu Settings). You can optionally override this in the battle menu's Combatant Choice Layout settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the help! I was able to get the names to show up by disabling icons in the combatant choice layouts (I think they weren't showing up because the icons are too big to fit in the button).

I set the cursor timeout to .1 and it's working better. Sometimes it still lags if I hit the button too fast, but it's allot better. thanks!