edited April 2015 in ORK Support
I've been doing a lot of work with my battle system recently and I had a few issues that popped up.

-In the HUDs section in my battle HUD, I have it set up so clicking on the HUD of a combatant will set that combatant to be the player. It works pretty good except for one issue. It doesn't seem to be able to set the player while the battle menu is open. If I close and then re-open the battle menu then it's for the combatant I clicked on, but it doesn't seem to be able to switch while the menu is open. Aside from the plus and minus group member keys is there another way to be able to change the battle menu user while the menu is open? The reason I ask is because plan on the party size being around 6. Using the keys to cycle through party members will probably get old after a while and having to click on a character, then open the battle menu will seem counter intuitive to a chunk of the player-base.

-In the HUDs section I have a HUD to display enemy HP. I would like to display it at the location of the enemy in the scene but the individual combatant type under HUD settings doesn't work. If I set it to group it displays fine but if I set it to combatant type individual it does not display no matter what settings I choose. Is there any kind of special setup I have to do to get this to work in the real time battle system?

-Is there a good way to be able to display an indicator above the current player in combat?

Also not related HUDs, but another problem I ran into.

-If you set all your characters to be AI controlled, whoever is marked as the player isn't controlled by the AI. You still have to give the player commands. I wanted to set it up so the party attacks according to their AI until you give them orders, but if one character has to be controlled by the player that doesn't really work.

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions. I figured it was better to post them all in one big post than a bunch of smaller threads. They may seem like small issues but they affect the player's experience a lot, and polish like this will make ORK as good as it can be. :) Like how ORK 2 is leagues better than ORK 1.
  • Changing the player wont change the currently opened battle menu. Will look into it for one of the next updates.

There's no special setup required for individual HUDs (see this gameplay tutorial for an example). Just keep in mind that the HUD will be displayed at the position of the combatant (i.e. the game object or a defined child).

Hm, maybe add an indicator game object to the interaction controller to have an indicator on the player.

If your player should also be AI controlled, enable AI Controlled Player in the combatant's settings as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for looking into the player changing the battle menu. That would be really nice to have.

I tried adding an indicator to the interaction controller. During battle it adds the indicator, along with the interaction controller. However it also doesn't take the interaction controller away when I switch characters, so after everyone has been selected once the all have the indicator. I'll see if I can work something out using the add components option.

I followed along with the tutorial and I still cant get the individual HUD to display. I guess there might be something wrong specific to my project. Would you mind taking a look at it?

Oh ok, AI controlled player will probably solve that problem. I see it was was added in update 2.4.1, but I'm still using 2.3.1. I'm about halfway through development on my current project in unity 4 and I can't really take the time it would take to port it to unity 5, so I'm a little behind on updates.

Thanks for the response, it was really helpful for clearing some things up!
  • Send me a test Unity project with your HUD issue and I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!