• edited December 2017
    There is a bug with equipment hiding. If you save your game and load it again the equipment overlap will be ignored. Re-equipping it makes it work again. Thanks.
    Post edited by rpgee on
  • edited December 2017
    Running a pretty fresh ORK+Makinom install from scratch; but running into this error whenever I try to spawn my Player combatant via Game Starter and the initial start event (join active group, etc).
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ORKFramework.CombatantStatus.Init (ORKFramework.StatusDevelopment classStatDev)
    ORKFramework.Combatant.Init (Int32 level, Int32 classLevel, Int32 classID, Boolean useStartInventory, Boolean useStartEquipment)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.JoinActiveGroupStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StartEvent ()
    ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.StartEvent (IEventStarter s, System.Object startingObject)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction+d__29.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:StartEvent(GameObject)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction:DoAutoStart()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:CheckAutoStart()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:Start()
    The combatant is running pretty much entirely default stuff, so I have no idea why it's erroring out.

Newest Makinom + ORK, Unity v2017.1.2p2

=============================

May or may not be related, but creating a Sub-attribute under Defense attributes and then trying to delete them will result in the sub-attribute not being deleted, and this error appearing:
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index is less than 0 or more than or equal to the list count.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.ArrayList.ThrowNewArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.String name, System.Object actual, System.String message) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/ArrayList.cs:3261)
    System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/ArrayList.cs:2652)
    ORKFramework.DataHelper.DataRemoved[IBaseData] (IBaseData instance, ORKDataType type, Int32 index, Int32 index2)
    ORKFramework.DataHelper.DataRemoved[BaseSettings] (ORKFramework.BaseSettings instance, ORKDataType type, Int32 index, Int32 index2)
    ORKFramework.BaseSettings.DataRemoved (ORKDataType type, Int32 index, Int32 index2)
    ORKFramework.DataHelper.Removed (ORKDataType type, Int32 index, Int32 index2)
    ORKFramework.Editor.DefenceAttributesTab.AutomationRemoveCallback (Int32 arrayIndex, System.String info)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Value (System.Object& value, System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, System.Type type, ORKFramework.AttributeHelper attributes, System.String[] text, IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Field (System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, ORKFramework.AttributeHelper attributes, IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor, Boolean ignoreHide, ORKFramework.AttributeHelper attributes)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    ORKFramework.Editor.DefenceAttributesTab.ShowSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.DefenceAttributesTab.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorSection.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)
    I'm assuming this what may be causing my initial error? D:
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Found a solution:

Something very funky happened with the index (1) slot for Defense Attribute, I'm not sure how. But I created a bunch of new entries, and then moved the troublesome entry downward until I was able to delete it entirely, which seems to have fixed the error. Odd!
  • edited December 2017
    Will look into that.

Edit: Couldn't really recreate those issues - set up a blank new project and just used a start event to spawn a capsule player (combatant) and worked fine.
    Removing defence sub-attributes didn't cause any issues either ...
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2017
    Weird, it must have been a pretty specific reproduction in the order I created the sub-attributes.

But anyway, here's another weird little thing I ran into:

Sometimes in the event editor, the node colors get kind of washed out, really hard to read. Rebooting unity entirely seems to fix it, but it's happened a few times. Not sure if it's on Unity's end or yours, though.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • That's most likely coming from another asset in your project that's changing the editor GUI skin and not setting it back.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I don't know if this has been mentioned already but when you attempt to write a name for any menu item, the field becomes de-selected if any key is pressed. This is happening on the latest version of Ork and Unity.
  • edited December 2017
    @gamingislove gotcha; I'll keep an eye out for reproduction.

@Dre788 It's a unity bug; gotta revert back to 2017.1.2p2, I believe it's getting fixed in 2017.3
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Oh, this stinks, I just updated to 2017.3 and the problem is still there.
  • edited December 2017
    Damn ... they still have it marked as fixed in review, whatever that means ...
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That bug with name typing is so annoying ... Its still happend in 2017.3 , seriously ?
  • I'm not sure if this is a bug, my setup is wrong or ORK lacks this feature.
    I made a prototype like this, and when I played the Grid battle and tried to get to upper section (Where the arrows point) my character tried to go with blue route and got stuck. That is grid path-finding didn't anticipate that because grid was up on Y axis, it could not be reached.
    Is this feature even supported now? breaking up grid with height?
    (The intended behavior would be the green line)
  • There is a bug with the Grid Painter. Sometimes it will not turn off the "Paint mode" when you release left mouse button and dragging mouse around creates a mess of unintended grid changes.
    This often seems to happen when you use middle mouse button to pan the scene view around.
  • "There is a bug with equipment hiding. If you save your game and load it again the equipment hiding will be ignored. Re-equipping it makes it work again. Thanks."

Hi Gil, was just checking if this was looked at or confirmed. Thanks again.
  • @hellwalker
    ORK currently lacks that feature.
    I wasn't able to recreate the grid paint mode bug - code-wise, painting is only done when the mouse button is pressed and the mouse dragged, so it shouldn't be possible to paint without the button held down ...

@rpgee
    Can you give me more details on your setup?
    The only way to hide equipment is to hide an equipment part, and that should be working fine.