• @braytendo
    Seems to work fine in my quick and dirty test - please send me a small Unity test project :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2021
    In Ork3 when clicking 'Play', the 'Makinom Scene Wizard' disappear and doesn't come back unless i reopen it through Window > GiL > Makinom scene Wizard.

Capture-d-cran-2021-11-19-114613
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • Thanks, will be fixed in the next beta :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2021
    The Makinom window disappeared after pressing Play and opening a menu screen.
    But in contrary to the Makinom Scene Wizard, i can't re-open it.
    Pressing play again and exiting play without opening the Menu Screen allow me to re-open the Makinom window.

Here's the Unity Console :
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-22-225446
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • @kiwi
    Hm, is there a player already set up when you open the menu screen?
  • Nope. Adding a Spawn Point seems to have solved it.
  • @kiwi
    Well, you can't use menu screens without a player :)
  • Hi, first time user here. I'm in Unity 2021.2.5 trying to load the GameTutorialResources package and it's giving me this error in the console:
    Error while saving Prefab: 'Assets/Standard Assets/Particles/Legacy Particles/explosion.prefab'. You are trying to save a Prefab with a missing script. This is not allowed.
    Please change the script or remove it from the GameObject 'explosion'.
    There's a missing script on that prefab for sure. Any idea what this script is?
  • @djdanlib
    Yeah, I've got an idea, but the issue isn't that - you're using the wrong tutorial assets :)
    There are different assets for Unity 5.6/2017 and Unity 2018+, the explosion prefab is only in the 2017 and earlier version of the assets.

Download the tutorial assets for Unity 2018 and newer to be compatible with Unity 2021. This is needed due to the changes in Unity in regards to prefabs, particles and more.
  • edited December 2021
    If the Makinom Scene Wizard window is open, the Start Menu doesn't appear.
    While it's closed, the Start Menu works fine.

Edit : it's not only the Start Menu but the UI as a whole that doesn't appear.
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • Also, HUDs seems bugged.
    I have copied the HUD that shows my combatant during battle. I should have the same HUD twice but only one show in the scene hierarchy.
    ( i did that because i wanted to add an HUD for enemies but after trying several things i couldnt get it to appear)
  • If the Makinom Scene Wizard window is open, the Start Menu doesn't appear.
    While it's closed, the Start Menu works fine.

Edit : it's not only the Start Menu but the UI as a whole that doesn't appear.
    Omg thanks @kiwi I've been trying to figure this out for DAYS. I can confirm this bug and it's resolution.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @kiwi
    Scene wizard killing UI is fixed in the just released BETA 18.

Can you give me more details on the HUD setup?
  • @Solkyoshiro ikr happens to me all the time :p

@gamingislove I had to call HUDs with schematics but upgrading to beta 18 seems to have solved whatever was the issue.

BUT now when i try to launch my battle scene directly, the game state In Battle says False.
    My combatants are still deployed at correct battle spots, my Battle Start Schematics still plays, but i have no UI or HUDs.
    It works fine while launching the game through the Start Menu Scene.
    Launching my battle scene directly worked fine before beta 18. (i have the 2 game starter, a spawn point and a schematic to add players combatants to my active group)
  • @kiwi
    You need to add a short delay to the battle when using Start (or any other auto starting type), beta 18 changed how the game starter initializes a new game (now a frame after initializing ORK/Makinom).
    That's currently a fix for a UI issue, will probably change in future updates when I find a better fix.