• Hi gil, I have one small request for possible improvement of Status Effects :-)

Would it be possible to add conditions for "Spawn Prefabs" function in Status Effect?

The Goal - my game is from 1st-person view so I don't want the particles of Status Effect to be used on player and player group. To achieve this, I have to make duplicates of most status effects, one for creatures (with for example particle of fire on their limbs with Burning effect or dripping oil with Oiled effect) and one for player group (no effects). It could be also used to have option to use different Status Effect's prefabs for some unique creatures (small ones, huge boss etc.) just using conditions directly in Status Effect.

• @gamingislove Would it be (or is it) possible for Crafting Recipe layouts to use HUDs? So far I think they are the only area that does not seem to allow for HUDs in displaying the information, and we miss out some powerful display functionality because of that.
  • As far as I can tell, there is no way to set a status effect to be used on Phase Start or Phase End when using a phase battle system. Turn Start doesn't work if the combatant doesn't take a turn, and Battle Turn Start just runs at the start of the turn for both factions. Basically, there's no simple way of triggering status effects at the start of the second faction's turn.

@gamingislove We would be very grateful if you could add Phase Start and Phase End to the Use On Settings of status effects so status effects could specifically trigger on the combatant's faction's phase. Maybe there's even some other way to make when status effects trigger even more customizable, but I'm not sure what. Maybe tie it to a global bool, game state, etc. Just throwing that out there. At the very least, Phase Start and Phase End would be great to have.
  • @Acissathar
    HUD support in crafting recipe layouts is coming in the next update.

@rrldev
    I'll look into that - currently you can only use phase start/end schematics for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove I really appreciate it!
  • For Combatants, Status Settings > Status Bonuses:
    Status bonuses show up on the Context Information (Right side index in Makinom editor). However, Custom Status Bonuses do not show up on the right side index.

Could the Custom Status Bonuses also show up on the right index?
  • edited January 30
    Hello GiL,

I would like a way to hookup a "Status Value" with a formula to a "battle range template" of a "grid shape". Instead of the flat number that is now used in the "Range (Cells)". Similar to how you can make a formula to calculate your health.

Attribute-range
    Post edited by Jasper on
  • Would it be possible to add:
    1) The ability to hide an ability type/set of abilities in battle. The idea is that a character stance dances/shapeshifts from one form to another both having unique sets of skills and I don't want their other skill set to be visible.

This might also be useful for hiding limit break type abilities when your limit breaks aren't available/useable.

2) Some way of tracking whether an enemy/enemy type has been scanned/analysed so that I can create a small passive trait that adds a damage bonus against enemies that have been scanned/logged in the bestiary.
  • edited February 26
    @WO2
    1) There are Conditions settings available in battle menu options for this.
    E.g. use separate Ability option typess to add the ability types with their own conditions.
    You can also use a Battle Menu option type to call a separate battle menu and list types/abilities there if you want them all bundled in a sub menu.

2) There is the Check Bestiary node available in schematics to check if a combatant has a bestiary entry - and e.g. add a status effect to them that lowers defence or can be checked in damage formulas.
    I'll look into adding a direct Check Bestiary node to formulas to make that easier.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just started to add more abilities, and I realized that it would be nice to have if Ability Types can contain more shared data (such as hit rate and critical rate) so I don't have to set them up one by one (still some work using formula, and might miss one or two unintentionally).

Similarly, it might also be nice to have that in Item Types as well. Just using the default setting from an item or ability's primary type would save quite a bit of work already :P

There's always copy paste, but it's nice to be able to define these stuff once and change them later all at once as opposed to one by one.
  • Also not sure if planned, but it would be amazing to have equippable abilities (similar to Divinity Original Sin 2)!

I imagine this would open up some interesting gameplay design choices, and it is kind of difficult to implement without modifying the source code :P
  • @Flying_Banana
    Equipment can add abilities to it's wearer and even let the combatant learn them over use/exp, so equipable abilities are already available.
  • I suppose, but that comes with some caveats:

1. Every ability would require its equipment counterpart with a lot of duplicate text and settings.
    2. This only allows a set number of "ability" slots, and doesn't support an arbitrary number of equipped abilities (could just add a crazy bunch of equipment slots for abilities, but that seems ugly).
    3. Special handling for these ability equipment and its easy to mix them up with actual equipment.

I mean, yes, with enough effort none of these are real blockers, but I just felt like it's a natural extension to the ability system which I'd love see :P

Here's an image of what I meant, by the way!

• @Flying_Banana
    A different setup would be using shortcut slots - i.e. while the combatant would learn all of the abilities, only those 'equipped' on a shortcut slot could be used in battle, e.g. by only having shortcut slot stuff added to the battle menu (or only using a shortcut HUD for that).
  • Oh that's very interesting idea, was thinking of doing the same with consumable items to limit their use in battle. I'll test this out!