Hi Gil, I am having a problem with Limited Real Time Battles. I have a Real Time Limited Battle Area behind an old barn x 16 y 6 z 20, and a Real Time Spawner area x1 y 1 z1 in the middle of the RT Battle Area with Box Colliders and triggers ticked on both Colliders.

The Real Time Spawner has it’s Trigger Enter turned on, when in the Unity Editor my Combatant appears in the allotted Battle Area when my Player touches the Spawn box Collider.

The problem happens when I close Unity or make a Build, after starting Unity and entering the Spawn Box Collider my Combatant appears a kilometre away in different positions every time when he should appear within the small Battle Area.

I have tried every possibility to no avail, help would be appreciated.
  • Very strange, the results should be the same when played in the editor or a build (or after closing Unity and opening it again) - unless you forgot to save the scene's changes :D

Can you send me a small Unity test project where this is happening?
    Also, which ORK and Unity versions are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    I am using Unity 5.2.1f1 and Ork Framework 2.5.6, sorry but my game as a project is 4gb
    and it would take me 6 hours to upload it, and making a representation of the Scene would be difficult.

I just found out that if I miss my Turn Based Battles two in this Scene, and head straight
    for the Real Time Battle my Combatant always appears beside me on the Battle Area.

When I have a Turn Based Battle, and then have the RT Battle straight after, this is when my RT Combatant appears anywhere it feels like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Post edited by ozziedave on
  • Did a quick test with a similar setup and it worked fine on my end.

One thing to keep in mind is that a Combatant Spawner with a trigger will be used as spawn area, i.e. the combatants will spawn randomly within the trigger.
    To spawn your combatants on trigger enter at a fixed location, you'll need a workaround using a game event:
    - don't add a collider to your combatant spawner and set it to start type None
    - create a game event that uses the spawners as actors (e.g. assigned in the event interaction's inspector) and use Start Combatant Spawner steps to spawn the combatants on them
    - set up a trigger enter event interaction with the game event
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi Gil, I followed your Outline, but did not really understand the Instructions. I would appreciate it if you could show me step by step how to do this:
    Create a game event that uses the spawners as actors (e.g. assigned in the event interaction's inspector) and use Start Combatant Spawner steps to spawn the combatants on them - set up a trigger enter event interaction with the game event.

Many Thanks
  • Combatant Spawner:
    - set Start Type to None
    - remove the collider (trigger) component
    - place it where the combatant should spawn

Game Event:
    - add an actor, set Type to Object
    - add a Start Combatant Spawner step and use the actor you've added

Event Interaction:
    - set Start Type to Trigger Enter
    - select your game event
    - select the combatant spawner's game object as actor (below the variable and quest conditions)
    - add a collider component as trigger to the game object
  • Thanks Gil, followed your steps and was successful