edited November 2015 in ORK Support
When one event calls another, is there a way of passing info on the original actor(s)?

I'm building a gossip system where characters have specific events with their own gossip. Once that is exhausted I want to call a shared generic gossip event. The problem I'm having is displaying speaker names.

In the first event (gossipNPC1) I set Actor 0 to be Object-EventObject and the NPC name appears corrctly in the dialogue box when Show Name is ticked.

But once gossipNPC1 calls gossipGeneric (via Call Global Event) the actor information seems to be lost and the dialogue box from gossipGeneric doesn't display the NPC name.

I *think* I've tried all the combinations of Event Actor settings in gossipGeneric but can't find one that works. AM I missing something or is there another way of doing this?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Something like this is possible using a Global Objects list, although there's currently no easy way to add an actor of an event to the list. There are currently only steps for adding objects through raycasts or searching them.
    I'll add a new step to just add a selected object (e.g. actor) to a list.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK, I'll shelve this idea for now - it was only a 'nice to have'. Thanks.
  • You don't have to shelve it for long - will be in today's update (ORK 2.5.9) :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Now that's I call support :-)