edited December 2015 in ORK Support
Hello,

I've been working at this for quite some time and I keep getting the same result. I have a turn based battle set up so when you activate the battle spot it will teleport you to a battle scene. The problem lies in the fact that whenever the combatants are placed in the scene they are always placed at an Y-offset of 1. However, when they begin their attack they fall to the ground and resume where they should be which is placed on the ground. I've tried manipulating the spawn point making it right at terrain level. I've turned on and off all the options available in the spawn point component. I've added steps in the event to move position on all combatants to their battle spot. No matter what I do they just want to float at the Y-transform of 1 when the fight begins. Also note this only happens when I enter the battle spot at certain directions and/or angles from the old scene. So depending how I enter the battle spot before I teleport will influence whether some combatants will float at 1 or none or all.

Any help on this issue would help clear a lot of headaches. I look forward to hearing your guys' input on this.

Thank you
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Can't tell you much without seeing your battle start event. It's important to spawn and place the combatants after loading the battle scene.
    If you're already doing that, try adding a small Wait step between loading the scene and spawning/placing the combatants (e.g. 0.1 second).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2015
    the event is layed out the same as the one in the tutorial section for battle scene changes. Also putting in the wait step still makes the player group be in the air.
    Post edited by StoneBreaka on
  • Ok, I did some rework on the event to get it to more closely match your tip and the tutorial. With that I noticed a change with having that wait step. My combatants now spawned at a Y of 5. I realized that could be from the battle spots which I changed back to 0 from 5 on the Y. This change however did start working. Unfortunately only about 50% of the time. The times it didn't work it went right back to an offset Y of 1. I even tried putting the wait timer on 5 seconds and still getting the same result.
  • Placing battle spots and combatants on the ground is done with raycasts, so make sure there's nothing in the way that can cause to find something before the ground.
    E.g. only check on a ground layer and only have the ground on that layer in the scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you! I didn't know about the raycast, but after your tip I was able to make the correct changes. Thanks again!