I looked over the various settings (maybe I overlooked it?)

If I use an event to send a message to the notification window (Jill watched Jack fall down for example) manually, I noticed that it doesn't go into the queue to be displayed in order. Rather, any queued messages display right over top the non-queued message causing a nice garbled mess of text.

Any possible way of queuing event messages in the current system? If not, any possible way of adding it in to a future release?

Thanks as always
  • That's probably because there is no notification window queue. You can either use the Show Dialogue step to show a dialogue (e.g. an auto closing dialogue for showing a notification window), or use a Show Notification step to show a flying text (like damage/refresh texts) in the scene.

There are queuing options for stuff like the automatic inventory or quest notification popups, but dialogues aren't queued.
    Adding new event notifications (with queuing options) like the inventory/quest notifications seems like a good idea, though, will add it to the list :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, the inventory notifications (I think there is an option for battle messages as well: Bob uses abilityX) is what I was referring to.

Thanks for looking into adding it for event messages. You're the best!