Good evening, team!

I have a couple of initial scenes that have, for example, a vanity plate, and then a short title scene, and a character creation screen (these are all already coded). Is it possible to then go from one of these into ORK without implementing any of the ORK framework logic in these original scenes?

Also, and separately, is it possible to use an ORK event to trigger a cutscene which is animated and rendered completely outside the ORK framework, and then go back into an ongoing game?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

~~ chainsaw ~~
  • @chainsawpenguin, yes to both questions.
    1) The scene with ORK Framework needs to have a ORK Game Starter for ORK load its database. Now, since you mention a character creation screen I think is better to use the Game Starter there so you can store your character and let ORK knows about it.

2) Using the Call Function Step you can trigger a function in your cutscene monodevelop class that might start the cutscene.
  • All good information! I created my own custom logic for the character creation screen because I couldn't figure out a way to assign particular textures to a model (custom hair color, say) through ORK Framework, so my thought was to make the character built first and then somehow figure out how to make that into a prefab and then load ORK...

BUT with the Call Function Step, I can call my custom function to change the texture, and access it with that step! ...I HOPE!!

Thanks for the good information!

~~ chainsawpenguin ~~
  • In case you need to save your custom character creation info (e.g. from components), check out the custom component save data feature :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!