I'm experimenting with a first person step based game, Like the old Wizardries. I wound up using events for my player movement. Things like rotate 90 degrees when the turn left key is pressed, move forward by 5 when the forward key is pressed and so on. I set up input keys for move forward, move back, turn left and turn right. I then have those input keys trigger global events that move the player.
The issue I've run into is getting a controller to work. The controller uses an axis to determine input and I can't figure out how to tell Ork +y axis is this input key and -y axis is that input key. Is there a way to be able to do this? Thanks!
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah, seems like this is currently not possible - will look into it.

Edit: New settings for input keys to limit the axis value will be in the next update. E.g. to only use a positive axis, you can limit the value to be between 0 and 1.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! This is going to be such a huge help, thanks!