Hi gamingslove
exist a demo in 2d? Like tutorial demo but completely in 2d?
Or tutorial/how-to to set camera, control, change frame and make a prefab?

Many people in this community are interested to make a 2d RPG with unity and ork.
it would be interesting for beginners like me

thanks
  • No, there's currently no specific tutorial for 2D - and it's not really that different than the game tutorial. Most of the things on ORK's side are handled the same way, you'll only have to keep in mind which axes you're using when working with Vector3 values (e.g. are you doing a side-scroller or top-down 2D).

Camera and player controls depend on which 2D style you're going for - in most cases you'll need at least custom player controls.

There are already a lot of 2D projects being made with ORK, I'm sure some of them can give additional advice here :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks for response.
    I'm interessed of a top-down 2d, anyone have a example for me?
  • For a top-down 2D game, you can use ORK's Top Down Border camera control. If you're using a Character Controller for your player, you'd still be able to use ORK's built-in controls, but you'll most likely need to handle the movement animations yourself (due to sprites having different animations for different directions).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I would suggest using Unity's built-in Mecanim system if you want to handle sprite animations for movement and facial direction. It can be incorporated into ORK!