Hi,

How can I create something like this.
Group leader has a passive ability "Inspire". And it grants any other combatants in his group bonus to Status value called Damage.
Basically hero will have bunch of passive abilities that influence different ally stats.

Thanks,
  • Formulas can use the group leader of the used combatant.
    I.e. you can either use this in your damage formulas, or make your damage status value a Combined Value that uses a formula.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, so I can incorporate it directly into Follower formulas.
    Is it possible to have leaderless groups? So no one is marked as group leader?
  • No - system-wise, there's always a group leader (i.e. the first member of the group or battle group).
    However, you could use a custom system for this, e.g. using object variables to mark a combatant as the leader of the group and do checks for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What about creating a passive ability that hero will cast on start and that affects the whole group?

So each group member has the ability's status effect? Is that feasible for this purposes?
  • edited February 2016
    Passive abilities can't be cast. You'd have to e.g. check for the ability in the battle start event using a Check Status step and add the status effects using a Change Status Effect step.

Otherwise, there are the Group Abilities available. Instead of learning the ability as the leader, you can learn it as the group, having it available for all members.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • ah thats sounds like what I need, is there a guide on how to do that?
  • Nah ... there's no guide - it's a simple setting to enable wherever you're learning your abilities. E.g. in the combatant's abilities that are learned at defined levels, simply enable the Group Ability setting :)