I have an inventory menu that you can pull up anytime in the field. Game continues when you have it open, but if the player picks up an item collector while you have the menu open, it closes the menu. Is there a way to make the inventory stay open but update the inventory list with the new item?

Also, is there a way to mark new items in inventory as new until the player looks at them?
Marked new would consist of:
A text label either to the left or right of the item that says "New!" and the item highlighted a different color. In Diablo 3, it puts a star on the item and the item category.

So I'd pick up an item collector, the item would be added to inventory, labeled new, I open inventory, then the next time I open inventory it isn't marked new anymore. Ideally if there's a scroll wheel, it'd be until the player scrolls enough to see it in the list, but it'd be good enough if they just opened the inventory.

Thanks for updating so often with cool features! I'm always excited when I see the version update emails in my inbox. :)
  • Yep I like the idea of visually flagging an item as new in the inventory.
  • Didn't happen in my test - my inventory menu stayed open during item collection (both single items and item boxes), also during control blocking events, etc.
    Do you have Close After Use enabled in your inventory part? You might be using an item through the accept key when starting an interaction.

Allowing to mark new items until seen is an interesting idea - will look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "Allowing to mark new items until seen is an interesting idea - will look into it :)"
    +1 and also for new Quest logs ;)
  • Oops, it was because I had close on focus lost checked. Thanks for looking into it for me. :)