Is there any way to start an event on loading a game, or a way to tell Ork to load a specific scene when loading a game? In my game I have a town and a dungeon. I have the game setup to auto save every 10 seconds, as well as a save and exit option that the player can access at any time. When the player loads a game I would like him to be in the town but I can't figure out how to be able to tell Ork "When you load a game put the player in this scene." I tried telling it not to save positions, but then the game just hangs up when I try to load. I also tried setting the scene position to be the town scene in the auto save event but it still loads the player in the dungeon scene anyway. What would be the best way to go about doing this?
  • edited March 2016
    If you look in Global Events, Under "Scene Event Type" you can change the Scene Change Type to Load Game, which should be what you're looking for. I'd probably set it up where you keep the screen black or faded out or hidden behind some loading image, and then teleport the player to a set Spawn Pt in your town scene.
    Post edited by Firrerreo on
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • There's actually a setting for that when disabling Positions in the Save Settings in Menus > Save Game Menu, but I just noticed that there's a bug and the setting isn't displayed ...
    Will fix that in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks for the tip Firrerreo, this might be just what I need. Also thanks for looking into the bug GiL.