edited April 2016 in ORK Support
Hi guys im new to the community. I have been having some trouble with the Time and Day tutorial... basically Im trying to create a digital clock as a HUD that will display what time it is. Is this possible? Or I am just missing something? I tried too make sure no one asked this question before i posted it and as far i saw no one has. Sorry if im mistaken.

So does anyone know anything about displaying time and day on HUD so players can see what time it is as they play?

Thanks for your time.
Post edited by ThatRainGuy on
  • Hello @ThatRainGuy, maybe I´m wrong but I don´t think using ORK´s HUD system could achieve what you are asking.
    I´m too using the Time-Day tutorial + Instant GoodDay Asset and I have several clocks in the scene as well as custom Clock HUD made following and modifying the linked tutorial, I handle the sync by custom script, hope that helps.
  • edited April 2016
    Pretty sure you can with the built in HUD system, although I haven't tried it for this specific example. This basic idea should work.

So, first you need to make a new HUD, of type Information,then check Auto Update. Set the update interval to 1s or 60s or something higher depending on how granular your system is.

For Display conditions, Start Toggle State is on, and then check all the required game states that you want it up during. (Like maybe take it down for scene change and battles).

Next add an Information Element. Now you're going to go to More-> Data->Game Variable.
    Next to the String field, enter your first variable name. If you're following the tutorial directly, that would be minute, hour, or day depending on what you're using. Then click Add.

You can then add more variables from the tutorial and format them in the text box, like #varstringhour#:#varstringminute# to get a normal digital clock readout.

Make it look more like a clock by customizing the GUI box.
    Post edited by Firrerreo on
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • I created a new project and started over. Used your advice, Firrerreo, and it work just fine. Thank you.

That looks cool though RustedGames I'll have to look into that.

Thanks!