How do you set these abilities up? I cannot seem to find a duration setting.

I would assume whatever setting this is could also be used to give temporary attack buffs/debuffs.

If someone could point me towards a How-To or tutorial that would be great!
  • DoT is done using Status Effects - the ability applies the effect to the target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay thanks, a few questions:

End After Turns - Random - Is this inclusive or exclusive of the values?

I'm also having some trouble "triggering" the ability when I expect it to. As I'm using the DoT in an AOE attack (think flamestrike), I would expect it to do damage on the initial cast ( http://puu.sh/oPrqf/ef6ea30c22.png ) as well as when they would burn ( http://puu.sh/oPrqf/ef6ea30c22.png ), but I would expect the timing of the burn to be when the phase of the original caster comes back around. Its currently triggering on initial cast and then when the affected units next turn comes around.

This means the unit will get burned an additional time before my original unit gets their turn back. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
  • edited May 2016
    Random is inclusive the defined values.

Setting an effect's conditions on Cast is usually for changing Normal type status values (e.g. having an effect increase ATK by 10 %) - damage on cast could be handled by the ability applying the effect, but using set on Cast for this is also possible.
    Setting on Turn will use the condition each time a combatant starts a new turn, which is when he's able to perform an action. E.g. if the targeted combatant's turn is after applying the effect, the first use of the condition will already happen there.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!