Hello there!

I purchased this awesome package today and have been running through the tutorials. I toyed around with Unity in 2014 and remembered seeing this on the asset store then. Unbelievable how far this has come.

I'm working on a SteamVR game. I've been using visual scripting but I really, really like what ORK has to offer. I've been looking through the custom control section and see limited info on integrating this system with ORK. I do want ORK to take over in some instances. Questlog, main inventory, etc.. I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with the CameraRig with SteamVR or the SteamVR Unity Toolkit (a must have imo), but any insight to getting this all to mesh would be awesome.

If you need more specific information, please let me know and I'll do my best to explain/make an example.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any help.
j0hnbane
youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • Setting up custom controls for ORK depend on how those controls are implemented/set up.

Usually, you'll just need to let ORK know where to find the components of your controls (e.g. on the player or camera game object) and which control they belong to (player/camera control).

If you need to do something special, you can either use the event system (e.g. in the open/close events you can add to menu screens) or do some custom scripting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alrighty gil. I appreciate the quick response. I've got the ORK - Playmaker addon, so hopefully I can make everything talk as needed. =)

Thank again for responding.
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • @j0hnbane were you successful in getting this to work in the ORK system?
  • @David Actually in the middle of trying to work it out. Its been an experience to say the least.
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane