edited September 2016 in ORK Support
How can i control the move category (run, walk, etc)? I'm running into an issue where if I back up out of range while the AI is using an ability (e.g. ability takes 2 seconds to cast, and I'm out of its target range before it completes), it will then chase me in 'Waypoint' mode rather than hunt mode, so it moves slower. Not sure why this, it still chases me, but at a slow speed.
Post edited by Juryiel on
  • I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2016
    Did some tests and couldn't replicate your issue - if you run outside of the use range while a combatant is casting, the ability can't be used any longer (due to the target being out of range).
    The combatant will return to whatever behaviour the move AI will recognize, e.g. hunting a target or following waypoints.

I.e. if the combatant is in waypoint mode, it'll follow waypoints, not hunt someone.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2016
    Yes but for me he goes into waypoint mode (he should not) and puts the waypoint on the target player. I have my hunt ranges and battle system ranges to be nearly infinite, and the ability ranges to be short, and there's no auto attack ability enabled, and all abilities have 'Force Found Targets'.

So my guess to what is happening is that the battle AI is trying to move to its target to use the ability, or something related, rather than 'Hunting', and for whatever reason it goes into waypoint mode and moves slower. I'm not sure, but in my setup it happens 100% of the time when I do this, and I'm out of ideas on what to check.

I'll try to look at the source for times when movement can change to waypoint mode and see if i can't figure it out.
  • edited September 2016
    Well, if it always happens with your setup, I'll need your setup to check it out - if you can send me a small Unity test project to contact@orkframework.com :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited October 2016
    Building test projects at this point is very time consuming due to complexity so instead I opted to debug this some more. I found that this is caused due to the Idle Behaviors in the Hunt AI. I have an Idle behavior with 85% chance to trigger a 'Wait' block. For some reason, when the enemy combatant catches his player target and goes into Idle, if I've walked far enough away from the enemy combatant and if this 'Wait' block triggers, it goes into 'Waypoint' mode.

Not sure on how exactly these things are interacting together but turning off Idle behaviors,or putting in a check in the Idle behavior event to make sure the enemy combatant doesn't have a player targeted prior to triggering the 'Wait' block seems to fix it.