I feel like there should be a simple answer to this but can't find it...

I'm using turn baed battles with Enemy Counter set to Letters. I'd like to show the enemy name with the counter by each enemy on the battlefield: eg 'Snake A', 'Snake B' etc. I've set up a HUD to show an HP bar and enabled 'Show Title' and 'Use name' but every snake just shows 'Snake'. Is there a way to make it show as 'Snake A'?
  • The letters are only added when more than 1 of the same combatant is used. If there's only 1 snake in the battle, it'll just be named snake.

If the letters are added, they're added to the combatants name, so it'll show up anywhere you use the name.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think there might be a (minor) bug. If I have 'Show Title' and 'Use Name' set for the HUD then it definitely only shows 'Snake' not 'Snake B' - even though 'Snake B' appears in the console log, target select screen, etc.

From your response I've found a simple workround: instead of using the HUD Title I've added a Status Element with text set to %n and it works perfectly.
  • edited October 2016
    Might be that the title isn't updated when the combatant gets a counter letter, I'll look into it.

Edit: Did a quick test and the title updated correctly. Can you give me more details on your HUD and battle setup? E.g. what are the display conditions and how is the battle started (combatant spawner, battle component, etc.).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's a fairly basic setup. The battle is turn based, initiated via a Combatant Spawner. The Spawner does not Use Group (maybe that's the problem) but creates Quantity=3 Snakes. It uses a specified BattleArena. I then walk my player into one Snake and the others Auto Join if within range (maybe another place to look?)

The HUD is very simple, pretty much a clone of the HP Bar from the tutorials. HUD type is Comvatant-Individual and Displayed Groups are Player, Ally, Enemy. There are no Status Requirements o Variable Conditions needed.

Given that there's an easy workround I'm not sure it's worth you spending much time on this.
  • Yep, it's happening in that setup - will fix this in the next update :)