edited February 2017 in ORK Support
What I'm trying to do: Have clickable combatant icons on a Turn Order HUD that will select the combatant as a target.

Click Actions only seem to work with a Shortcut Status Element present. If I just have the Status Element Type: Information, User, %i (show icons) and try to set this element as a Click Action it doesn't work at all. Even with a Shortcut element preset, I can only click on the player's icon to summon a menu screen - the enemy icons do nothing. Worse yet, the Select Target functionality (which is what I really want) seems to do nothing.

Am I setting this up all wrong?
Post edited by SilverFlame on
  • edited January 2017
    It appears that Click Actions work with text/numbers but not with images. Works only on the player, not enemies.
  • edited January 2017
    Will look into it.

Edit: Working fine here - Turn Order HUD with displaying the combatant's icon (%i) and the Select Target click action.
    Naturally, this only works if you first select an action from the battle menu that can target the combatant.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    What's happening is that text spawned by ORK has Raycast Target checked in the inspector window, but my icons (sprites) do not. I can pause and manually check the box and then it works, but I don't know how to get the icons to generate as raycast targets.

Thanks for testing it, you helped me figure it out.
  • edited January 2017
    That seems to be a default setup for the new UI, because ORK isn't changing this setting. Having the same here with icons having Raycast Target disabled, but I'm able to click on the icon anyway to select the target.

Can you give me more details on your HUD's setup?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    UPDATE: "I'm thinking about just editing my font to make a big transparent text block to lay over over it." - this solution worked. I wouldn't bother spending time looking into this further unless other people begin to have this problem.

Well I'm using the new UI and I've got my Turn Order HUD set up to display current HP as an additional Status Element as text in the lower right corner overlaying the combatant's icon. The icon (and not the text!) has the Click Action enabled (Select Target), but only clicking the text works with 100% consistency. Clicking the icon almost never works (I say "almost" because a couple times after using keyboard keys to switch to the target and manually clicking on the target and cancelling the attack, I was then able to click on the icon and have it work for a time, inconsistently).

Going into the ORK canvas at runtime and manually checking the icon's raycast does make the icon work 100% so I thought that was the issue, but since I have now seen it work inconsistently without having raycast checked I suppose the issue lies elsewhere.
  • You don't have to use a big or transparent text - use this to have an empty, clickable HUD element to cover the whole HUD:
    - add this as element 0 (i.e. the first element)
    - element type Information
    - in the text, just add a space (' ')
    - enable Force Size in the element position settings
    - define the bounds as you need them
    The rest of your elements have to come after this element.