Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new here.
I am trying to make a 2d rpg, but I'm getting a little confused with the GUI part, (Making the main menu first, although I have most sprites and maps made for the rest of the game) I plan to use the new UI type, but I cannot find the tutorials I need. Can someone show me one that explains everything clearly? (I also plan to use my own images for buttons)
Also, for my game, I plan to have live combat. What should I change (I'm following some of the tutorials on the main page) so that this will work? Thanks for helping me.
  • Welcome!

In the How-To section of tutorials, there is an explanation of Using the new UI. It goes through how to set up the UI prefabs and has a link to some simple default ones you can use to start with. Other than setting up the UI prefabs, using the new UI with ORK is essentially the same as the old one (unless you're building custom elements and hooking up data to them via scripting).

I notice that you said that you are following some of the tutorials on the main page. I strongly recommend that you do the entire "build a game" series without making any changes. Resist the temptation. :-) If you start changing settings or skipping tutorials that don't seem relevant, then later tutorials might not work properly. It's worth setting aside your project for a week while you work through the tutorials as written. Trust me on this. ;-)