edited May 2017 in ORK Support
Hello all!

I'm probably doing something incorrectly, but I am completely unable to get a portrait to show up.

Here's what I've done:
  1. Added "Normal" portrait to blue pants combatant
  2. Edited the bluePantsDialog in the 1 Town scene (tutorial). Set "show portrait" in all Show Dialog event nodes, and set that portrait to "Normal"
  3. Tested, did not see portrait.
  4. Picked different texture for portrait.
  5. Repeated the last two steps several times.
So... what am I doing incorrectly? I tried Googling for any information on portrait sizes, or how to set them up in the first place. The How-Tos do not appear to cover portraits.

Thanks for your time!

Nullism
Post edited by nullism on
  • Ah... I see how to set the portrait for "Actors" in the event settings, but I suspect there's a way to use the Combatant portraits. That's the part I'm confused about.
  • edited May 2017
    As long as the actor's game object (in that case the blue pants NPC in the scene) isn't a combatant, there's no way to access the portrait of the combatant. The NPC might be named blue pants (in the actor settings), but that doesn't turn it into a combatant - it's just a game object without anything special to it :)

I.e. you either have to set up the portrait for the actor, or make the NPC a combatant (e.g. by attaching an Add Combatant component).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ohhhhhhhh. That makes sense. Thanks very much for the reply! I'll try this out tonight.
  • Worked like a charm, thanks very much! Sorry I missed that.