I followed the Hunting Quest tutorial on the website. I can accept the quest but the quest doesn't show up in the Quest Logs UI.
  • That's because quest system and logs are separate things. The game tutorials added a quest using logs and the event system, while the hunting quest uses the quest system.

You'll have to set up a Quest menu screen or HUD to display the hunting quest.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How would I go about doing that?
  • Similar to all the other menu screens or HUDs that have been set up in the game tutorials.

E.g. for a menu screen:
    - add a new menu screen
    - add a Quest menu part
    - set up the menu part > select GUI boxes, enable which quests should be displayed (e.g. only active quests), etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see. I got it working. Just need to tweak it. Thank you.
  • edited May 2017
    Is it possible to have a layout like this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2OsNgVN5wOMaWozNDR3Wm9HRUk
    Post edited by GearedGeek on
  • Yes - in case Quest Name refers to the list of quests, that'd be the GUI box in the Quest Box Settings, Quest Info would be the Info Box Settings.
  • Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? I'm getting lost on which does what. It would be nice to have a preview screen of something.
  • Without a type box, the settings would be like this:

Type Box Settings
    - set Type Display to Merged

Quest Box Settings
    - set Display Quest>Info e.g. to Multi
    - Quest Box > select the GUI box you want to use
    - enable the quest states you want to display, e.g. to only show active quests, enable Add Active and disable the rest (e.g. Add Inactive)

Info Box Settings
    - Info Box > select the GUI box you want to use
    - in case you want to be able to activate/inactivate quests, enable Use Activation Choice and define the content (name, etc) for the activate/inactivate buttons.