Hello,
I'm trying to equip a weapon using shortcut slots.
The configuration is:
Added Weapon1 to Start Inventory.
Added Shortcut with bind on Weapon1 to Shortcut setting of combatant.
Empty Slots on combatant equipment.
Combatant can equip weapon(tested).

Click Play.
Hit shortcut. Nothing happens.

¿Is this possible or is only for activating equipment abilities maybe?
If this is possible, ¿how could i map shortcut equipment to equipment part?
if not, ¿Ability to equip with tied event is the way to go?

Regards.
  • edited May 2017
    It's possible to equip weapons/armors via shortcuts, but you can't define to which equipment part they go, i.e. they'll find a free part or replace an occupied one.
    How do you use the shortcut? E.g. control map, drag+drop from the HUD?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm trying to equip using control maps pointing to available shortcuts.
    It works fine for armors/weapons but when i'm trying to equip 2 weapons, they are not looking for a free space, just get replaced on the same equipment.
    I have two weapons that can use R-Hand or L-Hand.
    I put them in two diferent shortcuts but both of them are getting equip on same slot(R-Hand. Maybe because it has lowest equipment part ID?).
    ¿How can i make them look for a free part before replacing the used one?

Btw, I'm trying to call shortcut 3 from list 0 and shortcut 2 from list 1.
    ¿Can this be done or i have to change list from 0 to 1 to be able to call shortcuts from list 1?
    Regards

• You have to change lists in order to do that. Only the current shortcut list is available in HUDs/control maps.
    I've checked, and yes - it doesn't use the first free part, but the first part that matches, will fix this in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much GIL :D.

About shortcuts, i can live with that.
    Is there a limit on the number of shortcuts on one list?
    You think will there be any performance issue if I use shortcuts to make 4 players move 4 different combatants at the same time? Thinking that each player will move and use abilities using shortcuts/controlmaps on a real time shooting rpg.
  • No, there's no limit on shortcuts in a list.

Regarding performance - that's ultimately depending on what's going on when using the shortcuts. Naturally, more stuff happening will influence performance ...
    From ORK's side, it's not that much/complex stuff happening, just firing those shortcuts isn't really very demanding :)
  • Thanks for your help GIL.