Greetings All,

Hope someone can help me out.

I purchased a model that has it's own custom controller and am using it as the player character.

Following the ORK Framework instructions for Custom Player/Camera controls I have set the Base/Controls > Game Controls, Control Type to None and have added the custom controls that are to be blocked by the player and the camera.

While this seems to work fine (with the input controls and camera movement/rotation blocked) if I come to a complete stop with the character before entering a dialogue event (pressing Enter), if I am still pressing the forward key, or any of the other movement keys when I press Enter the dialogue starts up however the character keeps moving in the direction of the key that was last pressed. At this point it does seem to be partially working as the controls and camera are locked though the character keeps moving.

This poses an even bigger problem for me in Turn Based battles as upon entering the Sphere Collider which triggers the battle, the enemy combatant/s appear in place but instead of standing still my character just keeps on moving in the direction of the key that was last pressed. (In this case, usually straight forward.)

Any suggestions and advice on what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

DL

• edited May 2017
    your problem may turn out to be something completely different but there was a recent Post by Keldryn about a similar kind of problem, where his characters kept moving when they should have stayed put

that turned out to be because he'd inadvertently set Root Motion on

so, might be worth checking ("Apply Root Motion" in the player character prefab Animator Component). it's also worth noting that some controllers may turn Root Motion on from code
    Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • If it's not the root motion, try adding a OnDisable function to stop the movement or reset player input. More details are explained in the wrapper components part of the how-to, but this can also be added directly to your control script.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!