I'm currently working through the Ork tutorials and I'm around Tutorial 18-19. Just placed my first battle and can start the game, enter the battle and I get the following console errors:
Failed to update dynamic font (arial25) texture; all the needed characters do not fit onto a single texture (max size 4096). Try using less text or a smaller font size.
UnityEngine.GUIStyle:CalcSize(GUIContent)
ORKFramework.GUIBoxContent:CalculateName()
ORKFramework.GUIBoxContent:ShowName()
ORKFramework.GUIBox:ShowGUI()
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:ShowLayer(Int32)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:ShowGUI()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireGUITick()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler:OnGUI()
I've gone through the Battle Menus and dropped all the font-sizes from 20 down to 10, but I still get the same errors and then the battle just hangs until I close Unity entirely (music still plays, can move mouse, but it's just hanging with the spinning mac colour wheel).
I'm not sure which menu is causing it but occasionally the Menu Items appear as fragments rather than actual letters (ie, they just look like a garbled mess of symbols rather than 'Attack', 'Ability', etc, etc).

Anyone have any suggestions on debugging this issue?

Cheers.
  • edited May 2019
    Hm, that's strange - which Unity version are you using?

I'd say this is coming from the GUI box you're using in your battle menu.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!