edited June 2019 in ORK Support
So I need to make a move command for a non grid based combat system. (Or at least, I want to try it) where you tell the player to move to a list of waypoints on the map. But I cant find a way to add a move command option to the battle menu. Is that possible?
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Hm, I think the best option would be to use an ability for that and setting up an Ability menu item using Single Ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2019
    Could I have that pop up under the main battle menu without having to go into the Abilities sub menu? If so that would work fine. Would that be a "shortcut"? 'cause I don't know what shortcuts are used for at the moment, hah.

NVM I don't use ability sub menus >_>
    That'll work then.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • The Single Ability setting will make this an individual battle menu option, i.e. it wouldn't use any submenu anyway :)

In case you would want to have special actions in a submenu, you can use ability types to do that. Having special abilities under a certain ability type and limiting the Ability battle menu item to that type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh cool! Good to know :)
    Miuratale
  • edited June 2019
    Hokay, so. I could do the move to pre-plotted points idea. That's very Grandia esque..
    But I had an idea last night to let the player freely move for X seconds.

Right now i have Active Time Battles set to block player commands.
    I saw that I could have an event pause all timers, so that's good.

Now can I unblock player commands for X seconds so the player can move?

Also I have it set to not "end turn" but to use 50 Timer.. so in active turn based... what does that do? Does that 'end the turn' but bumps the players timer by 50?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • When using an ability, yes - just unblock the player controls (there's a node for that), wait for the time the player should be able to move, and block the controls again :)

In active time battles, when not ending the turn, an action will consume the defined value from the timebar, e.g. if your max timebar is 1000, a cost of 50 would set the timebar to 950, letting the combatant have the next action soon (instead of starting from 0 again).
  • Perfect. Thank you much!
    Miuratale