edited August 2019 in ORK Support
I can't think of anything new I did besides add 4 new animation types for outside of battle.

Now battle idles play outside of battle for most combatants in a frozen position(Except red hair/blue hair characters. they are fine surprisingly lol)

Not sure what happened and why they are the only two working. I thought maybe they were the only ones who had all the animation types I added, but turns out they only have 3/4.

Any ideas? I do legacy, fyi.
Post edited by PBoTG on
  • Do you have looping turned on for the looped animations?
  • Where the animations working correctly before adding the new animation types?
    In that case I'd recommend checking your Default Animation Types (in Base/Control > Animation Types, they're the same settings in all types) and if your animations have the correct types selected.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah they're all set up right/looped. They worked up until adding the new types. I'm confused why they still work for 2 characters but not the rest. I'll double check the animation types later on :)
  • edited August 2019
    So I tried removing the new animation types to see if that'll help - it didn't. I also noticed that some animations for characters just aren't playing at all. I do notice that on all the animation types it says "the following settings aren't bound to a single animation type"

I also just decided to go to a back up and work my way back up. Yay for frequent backups. :)
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • The settings following that text are global, i.e. they're not for the individual animation type. These settings define the animation types for some standard animations, e.g. idle, walk, run, damage, etc.

Make sure these settings are correct and your combatants have animations set up for the types you need (e.g. idle, run, etc.).
    Also, since you're using legacy, make sure your animation's layers are set up in a good way - e.g. the game tutorials use -1 for idle animations, 0 for movement and 1, 2, etc. for more important animations like attack, evade or damage. An animation playing on a higher layer will hide animations on lower layers, e.g. the idle animation could be playing all the time and running hides it due to being on a higher layer.

If all of that seems to be in order, I'd probably need a test Unity project with your setup to look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's okay! If it happens again, I'll let you know. I'm sure I messed something up previously unknowingly lol. I added the new animations to the backup and things are working fine again. Thanks for all the suggestions!!