edited September 2019 in ORK Support
My project needs a moving object that can be hit or destroyed by player, to game it, it's like a floating ball that can help protect user. This object has it's own health so player need to hit with certain damage to destroy it. The enemy also can summon this object. This object can do damage when it hits or touch player. Sorry for my bad english, I hope people understand what I mean. How can I solve this problem? Thank you
Post edited by ledx on
  • The object needs to be a combatant as well. You can e.g. add a combatant using an Add Combatant component, or just spawn it via a combatant spawner.

Doing damage when touching an enemy can be done by using (environmental) damage dealers - see this gameplay tutorial for an example.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    I am glad I am at the right path, but I still have problem since it's count as combatant can I use move AI so the object can patrol / move in a specific path? because I tried to use this object to use move AI but when player damage it, it react and stop the move AI even I already close all hunting and detection settings.

I guess because there is an AI Settings on the combatant itself, on Aggression Settings, there are only 4 options "Always / On Damage / On Selection / On Action" is this the issue? How can I turn it off? so the combatant doesn't get aggression at all as act as dead object thing such as Spike Ball or Meat Shield kind of stuff? Is this possible?

Thank you

Edit: I managed to do the damage zone / damage dealer / environmental damage. All those things work out well except the aggro (it react to player).
    Post edited by ledx on
  • Since it's a combatant, it probably uses actions to attack the player - if it shouldn't do that, make sure to set up a battle AI that does nothing (i.e. uses a None node/action) and set that as the combatant's battle AI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Still not successful, I put a battle AI with empty node, it does make the combatant not attack but still react to movement, so when player hit the object it still chase player. Should I not use move AI at all and make my own patrol for it? because I think it will be difficult.
  • Ah, yeah, that might be the case - to solve this, you need to disable Detect On Damage in your move AI's detection settings.
    If detection is disabled, enable Use Detection, disable Detect On Damage and disable Use Detection again.
  • Thanks it works like a charm. I just didn't expect even the detection was off but the detect on damage is still working. I thought they are going to be off for all options inside. It's solved Thanks a lot.
  • Yeah, that's a bug and will be fixed in the next update :)