I'm really hoping I'm just missing a setting somewhere. On the Group Menu Part, the help text for Display (Action>Battle) seems to indicate that I can change the Sequence order between showing the Battle Group and then the Action Menu: "Select the box display mode (Action to Battle Group or Battle Group to Action)"

Battle Group to Action is what I want, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm trying to create a menu that shows all of my combatants on a grid, and then allows me to select one, then open an action menu to change their equipment, class, use abilities, etc. Similar to this:

Final Fantasy Tactics Formation Screen

I've got everything else working with huds and menu screens, but I can't figure out how to change the Sequence order. I seem to only be able to show the two menus at the same time with Multi (not what I want) or with show the Action Menu, and then the Battle Group via Same, One, or Sequence.

Thanks in advance.
  • The help text is wrong - there's no such functionality.
    You might be able to do this using a Screen action and without displaying the action box. The used menu screen would be used as your action menu (e.g. a Button List menu part to call other screens).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    Using a Screen action to open another menu screen that acts as the action menu almost works, but I have two issues I can't figure out:

1) The new menu screen that appears from the Screen action doesn't get focus, and I can't give it focus without "closing" the original menu screen that shows the combatants.

2) The active combatant isn't selected in the new menu, it just defaults to "General" or the player combatant.
    Post edited by nibruki on
  • I'll check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!