So I am building a top down 2d RPG and using ORK to control all my assets besides the basic character controller.

Right now I am following the tutorial after completing it with the original assets to get to work with mine.

I can get the character to spawn, its just never at the spawn point, he also does not move, but the animations from my player controller seems to work, there is just no physical movement

I have followed the steps for setting up a 2d environment including the XY plane.
  • When working in 2D, I'd recommend to disable Use Y Rotation and Spawn On Ground in your spawn points.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    I have tried this.

My character still spawns at x=0 and y=0.

The other weird thing is he is is not moving. The animations work, just not movement.

I think I did the overwrite correctly for the movement.

Either way, the spawn issue is annoying.
  • Could you have duplicate spawn points? One at 0,0?
  • @hellwalker - Nope, I only have the one spawn point. Its just my 2d tilemap and the spawn point in the scene
  • Ok, so it appears to be my custom player controller. I removed the player controller and he spawned on the spawn point.

I guess I need to revamp my player controller..
  • edited September 2019
    Check your controller's code if it somewhere sets the position of the game object to that position, e.g. in an Awake or Start function.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove- What was happening is that I had the player conform the the 2D tilesite boundary through code. This was causing the player to spawn to 0, 0. Once I removed this code it spawned, then I had to adjust my camera controller accordingly as well.

My PlayerController and camera controller are now working, I am going to have to hold my player to the boundary with colliders, which is fine.

Thank you for all the help!