I have an NPC spawned using ORK, and he is roaming using Poly|Nav 2d. All is well.

Im having a hard time building an animation controller that works well with a roaming NPC.

Can ORK handle roaming NPCs 2d animations?

For example, if he walks up, the animation for walking up is ran?

If this is possible. What am I missing?

Thanks!
  • Hm, I don't think so ...
    You might be able to do something using Mecanim animations and the Auto Parameter settings available in ORK's animation setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am having a really hard time finding any reference to anyone being able to figure this out, which is hard to believe.

I have all the animations created, the characters spawn just fine with the Poly | Nav and they are moving around, but just the idle pixel is moving around.

There does not seem to be a way to reference the direction they are moving to actually run the animation.
  • awesome I figured it out, Poly Nav 2d had a reference. NPC now spawning and the AI is allowing movement,

just getting this error to figure out.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.CombatantComponent.Update () (at :0)

Thank you for the help!
  • Hm, how's your combatant added/spawned in the scene?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!