edited October 2019 in ORK Support
I am going through the beginner tutorials using the free version and when I add the player spawn and run the game, I get the following error:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantEquipment.get_Item (Int32 index)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EquipmentViewer.CheckEquipment ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EquipmentViewer.set_Combatant (ORKFramework.Combatant value)
ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantObject.set_GameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject value)
ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantObject.Spawn (Vector3 position, Boolean setRotation, Single yRotation, Boolean setScale, Vector3 scale)
ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.SpawnPlayer (Vector3 position, Boolean setRotation, Single yRotation, Boolean setScale, Vector3 scale)
ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.SpawnPlayer (Int32 spawnID)
ORKFramework.Events.Steps.SpawnPlayerStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
ORKFramework.Events.Steps.JoinActiveGroupStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StartEvent ()
ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.StartEvent (IEventStarter s, System.Object startingObject)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction+d__29.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:StartEvent(GameObject)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction:DoAutoStart()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:CheckAutoStart()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction:Start()

I am no where near the point where any type of equipment was added so I'm not sure what went wrong. Any dieas on how to get past this even if I have to jump ahead in the tutorial? Otherwise, I'm stuck right at this stage and can't proceed.
Post edited by tomjscott on
  • Hm, seems like you your player already has an Equipment Viewer component attached, which at this stage shouldn't be the case, as the whole equipment stuff isn't yet set up.

Are you doing the tutorials from scratch using the tutorial resources or from the completed demo project? If you're using the completed project, I'd guess it's because you used the already set up player prefab that has equipment viewers attached, leading to this error as it try's to access stuff that's not there yet.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried to do it from scratch, but for some reason the Resources tar file is totally messed up so I had to grab the full project and am making do the best I can with some things already set up.

I thought there might be something in the existing Brown pants prefab, but the only things on the prefab are as follows:

Animation
    Character Controller
    Rigid Body
    Damage Zone

• edited October 2019
    Oh, I found it. It was attached to a bone of the model. I will remove them. Thanks for the tip.
    Post edited by tomjscott on
  • The tutorial resources are unitypackage files that should be imported into your project. Which operating system and browser are you using?
    Might be that the download wrongly stores or extrects the content automatically?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. For me, when I opened the .tar file, it was a huge mess. This is what it looks like when I open the file in WinRAR.

https://imgur.com/a/mzWQrem
  • As said, the resources you can download are .unitypackage files, not .tar - if your download ends up as a .tar, try renaming it to a .unitypackage, and don't extract it, the package needs to be imported into a Unity project.
  • Weird. Yeah, I see that now. So odd.