edited November 2019 in ORK Support
I'm now trying to replace Brown Pants with a humanoid model and Mecanim animations. It seems to work fine for Idle and Run, but when the player attacks, the attack trigger never happens and it just continues to Idle. I have Animation Type as Attack, State name as Attack, and Play Mode as None. I did Add Parameter (Play) and set to attack and Trigger type. I verified I have my State correctly named and the attack trigger and a proper transition from Any State to Attack via the attack trigger. I also verified that I have my Combatant setup for Mecanim, which works for Idle and Run, and now not sure what I could possibly be missing.
Post edited by tomjscott on
  • It's probably due to Mecanim not caring about what you tell it to do :)
    E.g. if you run to the enemy before the attack, Mecanim might currently be in transition from run to idle animation and disregard the attack animation.

Try adding a small wait time before playing the attack animation using a Wait node (e.g. 0.1 second wait).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I don't think that's it. This is in turn based combat and the player is just standing there idle. And I can clearly see that the attack trigger is not being turned on because I'm watching it in the editor while playing.
  • I'd still recommend to try adding a small wait time before playing the animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm not sure how to do that. Where does one add Nodes for playing attack animations? From what I've learned so far, I have no idea where that would be.
  • If you've followed the game tutorials, you should have set up the battle events used by your abilities, items and other battle actions to animate them.

The attack animation needs to be played by a battle event of your ability, otherwise there's no way for the combatant to know what to do :)
  • No, I didn't get that far. I only went up to Step 20 so am just one step before that. I needed to try out Mecanim before finishing the whole series to see if it was going to work for me. Because I didn't do Step 21 that might be why it isn't working at all.
  • Defintely just do the tutorial as is first to get a handle on Ork.
    You can add in Mecanim using the provided tutorial fairly easily afterwards.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • OK, so after doing Step 21 and adding the attack battle animation, it is now working. Thanks to everyone for the help.
  • When it comes to animation, ORK will only animate something if it's told to do so, e.g. in a battle event used to animate an action. Only idle/movement animations can be automated using the Auto Move Animation settings of a combatant.