How can I make it so that the controller isn't so sensitive? When pressing left or right input keys, the player turns so fast that he does a 180 almost instantly. I tried changing the Axis factor and it had no effect. I also changed the Unity Input Horizontal Sensitivity and that had no effect either.
  • edited October 2019
    I found the Player Controls Rotation Speed finally and it sort of helps. When holding down the left/right keys then the turning is much better. But it stills jerks really far either way the very first moment you press left or right. Any way to prevent that initial rotation jump?

[EDIT]
    I should add that the initial big jump only happens when the player is stationary. It is fine when already moving. I just don't see any reason why the player should rotate so much on every single touch of the left/right keys just because it's currently stationary.
    Post edited by tomjscott on
  • The built-in controls are mostly there to get you started, if you need something more sophisticated I'd recommend using custom player/camera controls.

The 'big jump' you experience with the Button player control is due to the player directly rotating into the move direction if you start moving. It's just how this control works :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, I want to use Ootii's Camera, but so far haven't had success with the provided wrapper. For some reason, the camera is aimed away from the player and I don't know how to get it to align properly.
  • I'm not sure how that camera controller works, but just keep in mind any camera controller that points at a character at runtime needs to point to the clone of the prefab. So you would need a bit of custom code telling the camera controller at runtime to choose the player character.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I checked at runtime and I believe it was using the correct object as the anchor, but I will play with it some more when I get back to it. I'm sure I'll figure it out.
  • I was able to get the Ootii camera controller working properly. Works nice so far.