edited November 2019 in ORK Support
Before I get too deep into something, I am wondering how the Damage Dealer Activation works. If I simply have a child object on an enemy AI and make it a damage dealer with the appropriate tag for activation, it never activates. The box collider is always off. The fact that it's off makes me believe that ORK definitely knows about it, but that could just be some Start code turning it off. Anyway, I'm wondering if I need to be more thorough and have the damage dealer object defined in ORK as a weapon and have it added to the enemy's hand via an equipment viewer for the activation to actually occur. I wanted to keep it simple for now and was hoping to bypass all that.
Post edited by tomjscott on
  • Activation requires the combatant to use an action (with battle events) that activates and deactivates the damage dealer, either through auto activation (via the tags defined in the damage dealer) or by manually activating it via the damage dealer nodes.

An alternative is to have the damage dealers always active via an environmental damage dealer, see this gameplay tutorial for an example.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've tried both auto activation and via an activation node. It just doesn't activate. I select the object in the hierarchy and watch it at runtime and the box collider remains off. Is there some other reason it won't activate? I am certain the event with the activation occurs because it's the same event that performs the function call to tell my AI to attack and it's definitely attacking. And I've even put a debug in the event to show that it's running.
  • edited November 2019
    Ah ... I guess you've somewhat missunderstood damage dealers :)

If your damage dealer's collider is disabled, it'll never do any damage. The damage dealer doesn't enable or disable the collider, so you should have that enabled already on your game object/prefab.

Edit: Also, make sure there's a rigidbody component involved on either the damage dealer or the damage zone (or both), as Unity's physics (collision and trigger) require a rigidbody. Setting it to be kinematic will prevent it from messing with other stuff.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I just realized something. I'm integrating emerald AI and there is an issue where it disables all child colliders. I totally forgot about that. I have some code that can work around that though. I'll try the workaround and see if I can get it working.
  • Yep, that was it. Sorry for the confusion. I should have remembered that since I just did that fix for Emerald AI for Playmaker integration.