Hello everyone. I tried to use makinom to make my platformer controller but it just throws errors and I can't move (used the tutorial). Has anyone been able to use it with ORK for player and enemy AI? I tried a few scripts but my main issue is the enemy AI. Sorry for being so vague. Busy morning. Thanks!!
  • Could you post the errors you get?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I actually deleted makinom out of my project. I was getting the errors on the character controller so I'm now using a script. I want to bring makinom back in since it's really a great tool. Now I'm basically looking to have 2 Move AIs: Hunt and Patrol. Im just not sure if I should use makinom or if there's a way to do it just within ORK.
  • Using ORK's move AIs should allow you to do that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For some reason the ORK AIs aren't working for my 2d enemies. Must have messed something up.
  • Ah, sorry, forget to mention that for 2D you'll need to use a movement component that's capable of 2D movement. ORK's simple Default component type is only for 3D.

I'm not sure if NavMesh is suitable for 2D movement, otherwise you can use custom/3rd party solutions, e.g. there's an implementation for PolyNav 2D available.

Generally, the move AI will only locate target positions and pass that information on to the used movement component, which does the actual movement :)
  • Just picked up PolyNav 2D a second ago. That should make life easier. :) Thanks @gamingislove.