edited November 2019 in ORK Support
I'm trying to get the real time combat system to be more freeform and less restrictive than what we get by default. For example, in some cases I want my AI to be placed in exact positions in the scene and the entire scene is considered a real time battle area. And I want some of these pre-placed AI to follow third party waypoints or basically just be controlled by their third party AI system. Then when a player approaches, I want combat to still work.

However, unless I use a Combatant Spawn area to spawn these AI, then combat doesn't work when the player is in range of the pre-placed AI. How can I get it so that combat can still occur when I have AI just placed in the scene and no Combatant Spawners?
Post edited by tomjscott on
  • As far as I know you have to use combatant spawners for any combatants because it attaches various scripts to them to make them function.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • There are different ways to add combatants to your scene:
    - a Combatant Spawner will spawn the combatant at the position of the spawner
    - a Combatant Spawner with added Spawn Objects will spawn the combatant randomly at one of the added game object's position
    - a Combatant Spawner with a trigger (collider) attached will spawn the combatant randomly within the collider
    - a Add Combatant component will add the selected combatant to the game object
    - using the event system's Spawn Combatant node to spawn a combatant at a position
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: - a Add Combatant component will add the selected combatant to the game object
    Ah, that's the one I needed. Once I set add that and set the correct parameters then it works perfectly. Thanks again.