edited May 2014 in ORK Support
When my enemy does nothing it sets his movement speed to 0, returning him to idle pose. This makes sense but it also makes him rhythmically stall when he's moving towards me. This not only looks very odd but also makes his feet slide along the ground. What settings do I need to do to get him to just smoothy walk toward me. For the battle AI I have it set to check if targets distance is less than 2, if so attack if not do nothing (since all I want this enemy to do is walk up and attack the player). I've gone over all the settings I can find but nothing alleviates the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Do you use a battle event for doing nothing (None Animation setting in the combatant's settings)?

If you let the enemy walk toward it's target in the attack ability events, you can also increase the distance in the battle AI check - since the enemy would still simply walk up to the player to attack him ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yea I have a couple battle events set up for do nothing, one that plays an idle pose,
    one thats just a empty event and one that plays an animation on a different layer. None
    of them seem to help or really even activate. Looking at the animator about every
    second or so it sets the speed to zero for a fraction of a second, which is what causes
    the the animation stutter.

I added in a change position step, with the moving object being the user and the target
    position being the target. I have controller move, wait, face direction, move by speed
    (Walk) and follow position checked. The problem is that for whatever reason it won't play
    the walk animation he justs slides over while idling. The confusing part is that it's
    setting the parameters correctly (Speed=1), it just wont play the animation. Under
    animation settings if I set the minimum run speed to 3 or 4, then it animates him running
    at me. If I set the minimum run speed to 6, then he doesn't animate. Also If I set walk
    speed to anything less than 3 then he doesn't animate. Basicly if the animation and
    movement settings are anything other than the default, then he doesn't have a movement
    animation. When he does animate, he walks for a second then starts running at me. How
    would be able to get him to just walk towards the target? I tried setting the move by
    speed to walk, and to value 2 and 1 and both result in him running.

On the bright side, he doesn't stutter, which is really good! I'm still getting used to real
    time combat, so I didn't know you have to put the movement directly into the battle event. I thought I would be able to control enemy movement through battle and move AI.
  • Nevermind about the walking part, it was my own fault. I had a problem in my animation controller. Sorry about that. If I set the movement in the combat event he smoothly walks forward and attacks now. If I don't set the movement in the combat event however he still stutters.
  • If you really want to reduce the distance enemies will participate in battle, you can reduce the Battle Range in Battle System > Battle Settings.

If your battle events aren't enabled for for your battle system type (i.e. Real Time in your case), they wont fire in it. Anyway, if a combatant uses an action (also the None action), the move AI will stop while in action ... maybe it's working without using a battle event to animate the action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, I think I have a handle on how it works. It makes sense that the move AI stops when it takes an action. I've already come up with some ways to compensate for the move AI stopping and everything is working pretty good now. Thanks for the help!
  • I'll look into a skip action step for the battle AI for one of the next updates, that should also help in situations like this :)
  • Awesome! Thanks for all the help.