Can't find anywhere to set auto spawn. I wanna do some events before spawning combatants.

I have disabled all spawn nodes and even load scene node is disabled. Also I checked settings in Battle Setting, Turn Based Battles and Battle Component, but couldn't find such setting. Combatants of player and enemy are always spawned automatically.

Any tips?
  • This is usually handled in the battle start event used by your battle system's settings or the Battle component starting the battle (if it overrides the default events).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I set the start event to None but the combatants are still auto spawned.
  • Naturally - the battle can't work without spawned combatants, so if you don't have the battle start event spawn them, they'll be spawned by the system.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, I got what you mean. Thank you.
  • Spawn ID sets to -1 in Load Scene Node not works as expected. The combatants are still spawned. This node is used in Battle Start Event by the way.

There is a spawn point with ID 0 in the battle scene.

Here is my Battle Start Event:
    Fade Screen -> Change Music -> Store Scene -> Load Scene with Spawn ID -1 -> Fade Screen -> Wait 5s -> Spawn Combatants

Both player combatant and enemy combatant are spawned immediately at unknow spawn point when the scene changed.

If the scene change staff is disabled, the combatants will spawn after 5 seconds.

Did I make any mistake?

If I am not doing something wrong, I guess this is a bug about Load Scene in Battle Start Event? If so, can this be fixed in the next update?

By the way, about when will the next update be released? I'm still waiting for the single target selection staff. :)
  • Ah, sorry - I somehow missed that you're doing battles in a separate scene.

Loading a new scene in the battle start event will cause the battle to spawn the combatants after the scene was loaded. You can use Destroy Object nodes to remove them again after loading the new scene.